Welcome to the Fertilitypreservation India
Certain diseases and their treatment (mainly cancer but also some other autoimmune and idiopathic conditions) are associated with a high risk of the male or female patient losing their ability to father or mother a child i.e. their fertility. Timely counselling and intervention can provide these individuals an opportunity to preserve their fertility while they undergo treatment for the above conditions.
Fertility Preservation Society of India is the first ever initiative by professional experts from India to promote science and practice of fertility preservation. The mission of the society is to increase awareness and educate reproductive medicine specialists, oncologists, gynaecologists, urologists, embryologists and the lay public about fertility preservation.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote the science and practice of fertility preservation in India.
- To create awareness among the medical fraternity about the advantages of fertility preservation.
- To hold conferences, meetings and discussions for dissemination of scientific information and advances in treatment in this field.
- To create awareness in society in general and amongst cancer patients and cancer survivors specifically, of the possibility of preserving their reproductive potential.
- To hold public awareness lectures to spread information on fertility preservation.
- To associate with and help form cancer support group in association with existing NGO's working in this area.
- To publish a scientific bulletin twice a year giving scientific information.
- To promote multidisciplinary collaborative research.
- To facilitate networking with doctors working in this field nationally and internationally.
- To develop guidelines on fertility preservation for Indian patients based on International guidelines, adapted to the Indian situation.
- To advocate patient rights.